Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 11 - Bonus Post!! :)

Ok, so I tried a couple new recipes that I had to share with everyone, so there is a bonus post this week!  The first is one that I posted a picture about this morning that got a little buzz on my facebook page.  I decided to make a special breakfast, since my husband took off today to have a family day while our son is on spring break.  I looked up the recipe for the cinnamon sugar pull apart muffins on Pinterest, since we are all fans of cinnamon rolls.  I got up a little earlier this morning to put it together, and it was well worth it!  While it took a little longer than I thought to put together, I am betting the next time will go a little quicker having one try under my belt.  I had to make some adjustments to the recipe found on Wendy See Wendy Do.  When I went to make the muffins this morning, I found that I was out of nutmeg, so that was eliminated, but I figured that it wouldn't be a big deal.  I also had to use a mini muffin pan as I do not have a regular muffin pan.  Despite the adjustments I had to make, they were still delicious!  Instead of layering them in stacks of 5-6, I layered them in stacks of 4 to fit in the smaller muffin pan.  I think I liked having the smaller pan thought b/c it made more in quantity and the smaller size was perfect for my kiddos!  The smaller size would also make it a perfect finger food for parties or brunches. :)  The only change I would make for next time is doubling the recipe.  They disappeared quickly!!!



The other recipe I tried out this week was a ground chicken gumbo.  I stumbled upon this on the All Recipes site while looking for something to do with the ground chicken I bought from Sprouts a couple weeks ago.  I will definitely do this one again!  I left out the celery this time as my crew, including me, doesn't really like celery.  I think I will try it next time though.  Instead of dicing the green pepper and onion, I blended it down to more of a smooth, almost puree-like texture.  I do this with most recipes when dealing with these ingredients b/c if I don't they will end up on the side of my hubby's, son's, and daughter's plates.  I through everything else together according to the directions, but I did add a little more chopped okra that what was called for (~1 and 3/4 cup) b/c I love okra and so do my kids!  I heated up the leftovers tonight, and it was as good, if not better than the first night!  It has been a yummy week here!

No comments:

Post a Comment