Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Project 24 - Sandpaper Crayon shirts

Hello!  It's been awhile since I have been able to post, but I have kept to my resolution of continuing to try new projects!  I have also decided that instead of titling my posts by project # instead of by the week.  I was getting a little confused at the week #, and as long as I hit 52 projects I have met my goal! :)

I was inspired to do this project with my kiddos that I found on, of course, Pinterest!


The pin lead me to the blog, AlphaMom. The directions were very easy to understand and follow.  I had the kids color the scene that they wanted on the sandpaper.  I did remind them to push hard with the crayons, and that the image they were drawing would be reversed in case they wanted to write something on it. 

They set to work very excited about the scenes they were going to draw for their shirts.  Aiden of course was drawing a scene from outer space, since he wants to be a scientist astronaut (his words) when he grows up.  Baylie, not to be outdone, also did an outer space scene, but in true Baylie-style, she was a princess astronaut. 

When they finished I ironed on the decorations per the websites directions.  They came out great!


They were very proud to wear the shirts that they had designed!  I have washed them a couple times (cold water, inside out), and they still look great.


This project is mom and kid approved!  Works with little or big ones, as long as they can mark a color or a page. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Definitely going to do this with my kids before summer is over. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Your kids will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete