Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 23 - Water bottle bubbles and multi-color volcanoes

In honor of school ending, I decided to have some fun things for the kids to do the last day of school for my son.  He is crazy about science, so I started with the multi-color volcanoes.  What kid doesn't like to watch something "explode" and bubble over?  Found this pin which led me to the blog Preschool Powol Packets.  We omitted the "sparkle" because I didn't plan ahead and get glitter.  :)  We took the small vase, cookie sheet, and ingredients outside to test it out. 

We started with one color at a time.  The kids really enjoyed seeing the foam bubble up as the color they chose.


After a couple times of that, they decided to mix colors to see what came out.  We had some interesting shades of brown and green.  The laughed each time at how the color mixed together, and even worked together on how to use the primary colors of food coloring that I had to make different colors.  Nice teamwork! :)

After that we moved onto the water bottle bubbles.  The pin was from the blog, Projects for Preschoolers.  I have to admit that I didn't check the blog out before making this project.  I just saw the picture on the pin and went from there.  I also just used bubble solution that I had at the house.  I had them each drink the small bottle of water first.  ( I have never seen my kids so motivated to drink plain old water!).  Once finished, I used one of our little razor knives from the tool box to cut out the circle in the bottom them gave them to the kids to have fun with.  I even made one for myself.  I discovered as my kids did, that it is a little more difficult that blow bubbles through a wand, but once you figure it out, it's not bad.  The kids loved how they were able to make big bubbles!




The kids enjoyed these fun little things that helped the afternoon pass by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment