Friday, June 1, 2012

Week 20 - Skinny Greek Chicken Tenders

I have recently discovered Greek yogurt.  I had stayed away from it for awhile not wanting to try anything new when I liked my yogurt just fine.  Finally after discovering how much protein it had in it with no fat, I decided to give it a whirl.  I was happily surprised.  With some granola and honey added, it was just as good as my other yogurt, and much more nutritious!  After a couple weeks of looking at the recipe for the Greek yogurt chicken, I tried it out.  The pin on pinterest led me to the blog, Life of Meg. 



This was so easy to make, and the family loved it!  I used chicken tenders instead of breasts, so make it more finger food friendly for the kiddos.  I also just used the Kroger brand plain Greek yogurt (has more protein per serving than the other Greek yogurts I found). 
Everyone ate it up, and my husband even went back for more!  This will definitely go into our regular monthly menu.  It had such a good flavor, and the chicken was very moist too.  I also loved that I had most the ingredients already in my pantry/fridge so all I really had to buy was the chicken.  Highly recommend you try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment