Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 18 - One of my new favorite meals!

Ok, so I am typically not a lemon/lime person with my food unless it's being squeezed over a sizzling plate of fajitas or sitting atop of my margarita glass, but when I saw this recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken with green beans and potatoes, something about it drew me in.


This picture alone can make your mouth water!Plus I liked the idea of having the whole meal in one baking dish without it having to be some rich (and over processed) casserole.  When I clicked it, I was taken to the recipe on the Real Simple.  Click the link to see the full recipe. 
I did make a few small changes.  I used boneless skinless chicken breasts.  My daughter can't stand skin on her chicken, and if there is skin, instead of peeling the whole thing off ahead of time, she will take bites, then proceed to spit the skin out.  So appetizing!  I also only used about 6 red potatoes instead of 8.  Not sure if my potatoes were bigger, but I could only fit 6 without over packing the dish. 
This meal was a hit!  The lemon and garlic together were so good!  It really added a nice flavor to the chicken, green beans, and potatoes.  The kids even ate it all up, which is huge when there is meat on the plate.  It was also husband approved.  He said it was definitely one to make again.  This meal was pretty low fuss, just mix up a couple things, chop some potatoes and throw it all in the pan.  Easy week night meal that tastes like it was a lot harder to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment