Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 17 - You mean I need to clean my washing machine?

I ran across this post on Pinterest about cleaning your washing machine.  I have never really thought about this, since it is a machine that cleans things itself.  Why (beyond just wiping down the inside and outside of the lid) would it need to be cleaned?  I learned why when I really started looking at it.  Built up fabric softener that turned into a film in the dispenser and along the top of the washer basket.  So I put this pin to use!



It led me to the blog, Somewhat Simple.  I set out that day convinced that by the end of the day my washing machine would be spotless and bright white clean.  I set my timers and followed all the directions.  By the end of the cleaning process, I can say that the washer looked a little better than when I started, but it wasn't really the results that I had expected.  My laundry room definitely had a strong smell of vinegar to it though!  I made sure to run a few more cycles to dilute it out a little more before washing any clothes.  It did help get most of the film out of the fabric softener dispenser.  Maybe I need to try it again since this was the first time I have taken the time to clean my washing machine.  Or maybe I just need a new washer to start over fresh with.  Haha, I can see my husband just shaking his head "no."  I guess I will just try again and make due until that one fine day I get my new cherry red front loading washer and dryer.  A girl can dream right?  Maybe by then they will have self cleaning washers! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment