Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 16 - Puffins (Pancake muffins)

For this week, I tried out the Puffin aka the pancake muffin or the Busy Mom's pancake.  Found this pin on Pinterest, but there was no link, so I am not quite sure who to give the credit to.  Here is the pic I found.

These are SUPER easy and really yummy.  The directions are simple.   Preheat oven to 350.  Mix 1 cup pancake mix, 2/3 cup water, and 1/2 cup syrup together.  Pour in greased muffin pan, and top with banana, blueberries, chocolate chips, pecans, sausage, bacon, etc.  Bake 12-14 minutes then serve. 

I made these the first time the night before a fishing weekend for my husband, dad, and brother.  I knew it was going to be an early morning, so I wanted something that would be ready to eat.  I made them the night before then put them into plastic containers until the next day.  The first time I made these, I used pure maple syrup instead of the regular syrup that we use on a daily basis (which I am kinda grossed out by, now that I have read the ingredients).  I think I liked the first batch the best b/c of this.  I have used many different toppings, blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, vanilla granola, and pumpkin granola with flax.  I bought some sausage to try out this weekend. :)  I have even left some plain, and they are yummy on their own as well.  I used a mini muffin tin, and it makes the perfect size for the kids to have at breakfast.  They can grab two or three to eat quickly.

The ones with fruit, do get a little soggy on the bottom, but I had no complaints from my bunch.  I just made sure to store them in air-tight plastic containers in the fridge to keep them fresh.
I even made these this morning to take for Teacher Appreciation.  Today was bring something sweet to eat, so I thought these would be perfect.  I was able to make these while my son got ready for school, and they were cooled, packed, and ready to go when he was. :)

Definitely recommend these for quick breakfast or even a brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment