Monday, October 1, 2012

Project 31 - Pumpkin Coffee Cake

I highly recommend you make this coffee cake this fall!  It is by far my favorite fall recipe!  I have made it twice (once for a MOPS meeting and once for home) both times it has been eaten up quickly!

For the flavor this cake has, it is really easy to make.  The recipe can be found on the blog, Pretty. Good. Food.  For my gluten-free friends, if you go down through the comments on the recipe, it has ideas for making it gluten-free!

A couple notes:
*I used store brand cake mix, but there is a catch.  I find that it tends to have some lumps in it, so I pour the mix into the bowl and break op the lumps with my pastry mixer, but a whisk or even fork will do the trick as well.  That way you don't have lumps of dry batter in your cake.
*I prefer to make this cake the day before to make sure that the glaze has a night to really soak into the cake. 

I only took a picture of my cake before the glaze:

I promise though when I poured the glaze on it actually looked close to the picture on the pin! :)

2


Happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment