Monday, October 1, 2012

Project 30 - Nutella croissants - YUM!!

I found inspiration for this one based off some of the Nutella recipes I have seen on pinterest as well as the cinnamon butter croissants.  I thought why not combine parts of the two ideas, and I came up with a very yummy breakfast/snack. 

Let me just preface this with I use a lot of store brand products, especially when I am doing a recipe that combines ingredients to work together, instead of something having to stand on it's own.  I figure that I will not be able to tell a difference when it is mixed with something else.  It saves money too! :) So for the croissants, I took just store brand crescent rolls and rolled them out into the small triangles.  I spread some store brand nutella on top of those, and some I rolled up and others I added some pecan pieces before rolling.  I brushed some egg white on top of all the rolls and baked them according to the package directions.  Results - a delicious breakfast treat that was heartily enjoyed by my children and myself. :)


I was able to keep the extras in the fridge and reheated in the microwave the next day, and they were just as good! :)  Quick and easy for a fun breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment