Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Project 25 - Ice Cream in a Baggie

Who doesn't like ice cream?!?  I am especially fond of this summer treat.  So fond in fact that is contributed in me gaining over 50 lbs. when I was pregnant with my son.  Gotta love those summer pregnancies! :)  I have such great memories of making ice cream in a baggie in the many years that I worked summer camp at the YMCA as a young adult, so it was great to relive that with my own kiddos!

I found the recipe on the pin that led me to the blog, 2 Little Hooligans.  Super cute blog with lots of other fun stuff to check out. :)  We followed the very simple directions to make our ice cream.  The kids had a blast measuring, pouring, and shaking up our ice cream.  We added a little bit of strawberry syrup to make it flavored.  It took awhile to shake, but the end result was very worth it!  Homemade strawberry ice cream that the kids were very proud of and equally excited to eat.


We added some fresh strawberries and whipped cream to complete our yummy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment