Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 4 - Part 1 - Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies




This is kind of a bonus post b/c I found this recipe just searching for something to do with the left over cocoa I didn't use in the teacher gifts at Christmas.  My daughter wanted to do some cooking this morning, so we found these cookies on a blog I found looking up recipes for cocoa powder. 

http://madeitallfromscratch.blogspot.com/2009/05/chocolate-fudge-cookies.html

You can find the recipe by clicking on the link above.

I have been doing more cooking from scratch myself here lately, and it really not that much harder than using a mix, and I think it tastes much better!  Plus, while I don't use all organic ingredients, I do feel  little better knowing that organic flour and butter are going into it. 

My daughter insisted that we wear our Christmas aprons since we would be baking.  I think I need to get some anytime aprons, although she looks really cute in her gingerbread man apron. :)  We started to work measuring, pouring and mixing.  I did most of the measuring, and my daughter enjoyed dumping the ingredients into the bowl and mixing them together.  She has gotten pretty good with the pastry blender.  I hardly to to help her with it anymore.  She also "helped" me hold the mixer when we put together the dry and wet ingredients.  We ended up adding peanut butter chips to it instead of chocolate.  We did this for my husband b/c he is a big Reese's fan.

After getting it all mixed together, I used my melon baller to scoop the cookies out.  I love doing this b/c it makes the perfect size cookie, and it scrapes itself.  Easy!!!

After about 13 minutes in the oven and 5 minutes to cool, we tasted our final product (pictured at the top).  Delicious!!  We both enjoyed just one, but I have a feeling a few more may be eaten by the end of the day.  Super easy, and a great one for the kids to help with.  I ended pinning the blog above the pinterest myself.

I will be doing another post this week about one of my pins on pinterest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment