Monday, January 23, 2012

T-shirt Scarf

Making an old shirt into a really cool scarf- easily doing this

This is a project that I continued from the t-shirt dress.  I saw all the cute DIY t-shirt scarf on pinterest, and they looked so easy!!  This project took no time and was a breeze.  I used the remnant of the shirt that I used for the t-shirt dress for my daughter, so that was nice to be able to use the entire shirt instead of throwing it away.  I took the bottom half and cut straight across to make small circular strips of fabric.  I then pulled the strips gently to make them curl in at the edges almostlooking like little tubes of fabric.  One word of warning, don't pull too hard or you can pull apart one of the seams.  I did this on one of the strips, but it was ok b/c I was able to use that for the last part of the project. :)



Group all the strips, except one, together to make the scarf.  I tried to line up the seams so that one group of them could be covered by the tie.  Take the left over strip and cut the seam to make one long strip (or in my case, just use the one that ripped earlier).  Take one end of the strip and tie a knot around the group of strips then wrap it around over and over until you get to the end of the strip.  At the end I just wove it through the wrapping a couple times to secure it.  And that's it!!  So easy!





I can't wait to try this with one of my shirts, so I can have one too!  On pinterest it said that this is the perfect option for good tees that have a small stain or just don't fit anymore.  I think I may have to make one from an old Baylor shirt. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I have been dying to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I figured since I had to cut off the bottom of the shirt for the t-shirt dress that I should make good use of it. :)

    ReplyDelete