Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 6 - Crockpot Soup

Well, this would have to count as my first not so successful post.  I made a crockpot soup from pinterest that I thought would be really yummy and easy.  It does not link back to the original post, but here is the picture and recipe.
Super easy super yummy crock pot soup: can of rotel, can of corn, can of black beans (drained & rinsed), 2 frozen chicken breasts, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 packet dry ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder. Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, and enjoy!

I followed the directions, but mine didn't quite look this great.  You have to come and and stir the soup from time to time  to break up the cream cheese.  Mine still ended up pretty thick and a little burned on the sides.  The kids liked it, but it was far too rich my my hubby and I.  I think we have gotten used to lighter and healthier eating recently, so it didn't quite hit the spot.  We didn't even save the leftovers, which I usually love to do.   

I am not even sure what I would to this soup that might make it more our taste.  I guess I will settle to the fact that I have others that we like instead. :)

Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment